Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Its been a while

Wow, it has been a while since I have done a blog.
My mini me left on Sunday. It was good to have her here. We got to spend Thanksgiving with her and we took her to get her hair done. Every girl needs some pampering every now and then. The stylist did a very good job with her hair. It looked so cute. I almost considered getting mine done too but I wanted it to be all about her for that moment.
On Saturday, my mini me and I hung up some Christmas decorations in the house. It was pretty fun to get to spend some time with her hanging them up. We just went to the dollar store and got some simple things to decorate with. I usually just go to the dollar store to get stuff because I am not very good at  packing things away to use again. So, I figure if I just get stuff at the dollar store I dont feel so bad about just tossing it when Christmas is done. I think we are going to work on hanging up more decorations and get the tree put up this weekend with the boys.

The boys also came back from their visit in Casper. It is (of course) good to have them back home. Getting them back in the grove of being home is always a process but they are getting better. They said that they went to a parade and went sledding. Sounds like they had a good time.


For the past couple of days I have been helping out at a lab. This lab does testing for many different things. I am working on cutting up some rock that was 700 feet below the ground. This rock has been in the ground for millions of years and I get to cut it up. Once it is cut up they take half of it to study and then they ground the other half down to see what exactly is in the rock. I asked the person that I was helping today if they have ever found a fossil in the rock that they have pulled out of the ground and he (a) looked at me like I was nuts (b) told me that this rock is much older then the dinosaurs (c) said that if we find a fossil in the rock, we will be instantly famous. I guess there has never been a fossil found in this kind of rock before. Its pretty interesting stuff though. I will be helping this person out for the next few weeks so that he can get home to his family.

I saw this the other day and thought that it was cute so I wanted to share it with you guys. I hope you get a little giggle out of it like I did.
Well everyone, I am going to go to call it a night. The kids are in bed so the Hubby and I are going to spend some time together before we head to bed. Ahhhh bed sounds so good right now. I like helping this person out but it sure is hard work and it takes a toll on my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment