Saturday, December 17, 2011

.....are you ready?

Happy Saturday everyone,
Today is December 17th which means....
This post is going to be a little bit different. Usually I try to show a lot of cheer in my posts and for the most part I actually am happy. But there are times in life when you have to stop hiding that you are happy and just rant a little.

I have three sons from my belly and two daughters from my heart. It doesnt matter to me how my children came into my life, I love them all the same.
For about 5 years now I have been dealing with some things that have went on with one of my children. My child has been fighting to keep him/herself a float. We have had many set backs in life, many smiles, many tears, many hugs, and many late night converstations.  My child is one of the many children who suffer from ADHD and ODD (oppositional defiancy disorder). I am sure there are many moms out there that know just what I mean when I say that you love your child more then life itself but you just need to take some time away from that child. Tonight was one of those nights. With a broken (but strong) heart I had to hand my child over to a crisis center so that I could get some help. We both need a time out and a minute to gather our thougths and realize that what we have is very special.  As I dropped my child off tonight something was said that put a reality check to what I have suspected all along. I learned something else that just might change my mind and my childs relationship. If nothing else, my eyes were opened a little wider and now I see that it just might be more then what I can help him with. The only thing I can do is hope that God isnt trying to hand me more then I can handle. I know the saying and I am the first one to say it to someone who is feeling down on their luck, but I am not so sure anymore.
With that in mind, I am going to say goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment