Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tis Tuesday......

I would like to start off this blog by saying that my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the children that lost their lives in the Chardon High School shooting. For more information about this shooting please see the link below:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/28/ohio-school-shooting-victim_n_1307438.html?1330464850&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D139223
So, I had to take ol' Blue to two different shops today. I took it to one auto shop to see why my car wont start in the cold. I had just purchased a new battery on Friday that was supposed to be good enough to power my large car as well as be able to start it up in the cold weather. Turns out there is a glitch in my battery and the end result was the loss of my radio. I guess my radio was staying on even after the car was shut off and that was draining my battery. After Blue was released from that shop I had to take her to another shop and get the breaks fixed. The mechanic came and showed me what was left of the breaks on my car, it was sad to say the least. I am so glad that I got them fixed.

Every time that I had to get my car jump started I would have to leave it running to recharge the battery. For those of you that know how wonderful Suburbans are on gas, you can imagine how much this is costing me in gas money. I knew that it was going to cost a lot of money to gas up this car but it stinks that so much of it is being waisted on the car just sitting there running to charge up the battery. I really hope that the radio fix is the one that does the trick.
I have a friend on Facebook that often posts some very funny photos. This one was posted by her because it is something that is close to her heart and...well.... I like it too.

For the past few years I have had issues with my kidneys.The problem started when I was younger and decided that I did not need to drink water. Now as an adult I have issues with staying hydrated. In turn my kidneys are not the best and it tends to make me very sick. Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day. So, make sure that you are drinking enough water to keep yourself healthy and drink plenty of water.
Well folks, I am going to call it a night so that I can get this posted before it gets to late. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that my car starts in the morning. I have to take one of my kids to get some blood work done and I really really really need it to start. LOL, Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment